Re: [IP] Re:Pumpimg mom soon

Lori -

Once again, this list was invaluable.  I heard of this book on this list (By
the way, "Pumping Insulin" gave me the info to REALLY straighten out my
basil rate) - this book, by Allan Borushek "Calorie, Fat, & Carbohydrate
Counter" - it's in Amazon.com - is too amazing.  Finally found out how much
to bolus for a 1/4 pounder with cheese at McDonalds.  Ate my favorite
breakfast on Friday AM, a luxury when you can find it - dates, stuffed with
cream cheese.  A rarity!!!  As I popped the first one into my mouth, a
co-worker (who counts carbs to lose weight) mentioned that dates have a lot
of carbs.  Alarmed, I looked them up in "the book" - lo and behold - she was
right!  I bolused according to the book, and then before lunch my BG was
70!!!!  OH!!!!!!  Too wonderful!

PS - The "book" is cheap - $6.99.    Good luck!     Jane