email @ redacted wrote:

>     My conclusion: we just all have to become card-carrying members of
> Natalie's DUES (diabetes  underground education system) club!!

I'm only half-joking when I call it the DUES club. My best source of
information and advice has been other diabetics, not health
professionals. I often feel like I'm educating THEM when I talk to them,
and feel like I should be the one receiving payment!

I heard that there was some discussion going on at AADE (American
Association of Diabetes Educators) about certifying peer mentors, but
haven't heard whether or not this will come to fruition.

But I really believe in diabetic activism -- not only in trying to find
a cure, but also in improving the education, treatment and psychological
help for the large group out there who doesn't have access to adequate

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted