Re: [IP] Testing...How Often is Too Often??

In a message dated 12/08/1999 10:09:39 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So, can anyone give me the benefit of their experience and let me know if
 I'm being excessive?  My endo seems to have no problem prescribing me with
 the strips...it's just the insurance company balking at it.
Sounds like you test just as often as I do.  I've also been dm 20 years, and
pumping 4 yrs.  Yesterday I was changing my basals and tested every hour.  My
Dr has no problem prescribing what I use and my current ins company pays.  My
old company had a limit of 100 items (pills, strips, whatever) per Rx, per
30day supply.  So I guess it just depends on who's paying the bill.