Re: [IP] Will my child die from diabetes?

Having been diagnosed at age 3, 44 years ago, with no major complications
yet, I can say that it has to do with luck (genes?), good medical care, and
parents that had a positive attitude that convinced me I could do anything in
life I really wanted.  For many of us some health factors may be better than
average for our age because we have been aware of diet and exercise our whole
 lives.  There are many things which pose threats to our mortality, diabetes
is far from the only one your child will face.  Teach a positive attitude
with all of life's challenges, we can't run so we face them and either deal
successfully or take satisfaction in knowing that we gave it our best shot.
Continued research and medical advancements are constantly improving our
chances, and if you spend much time in a hospital you'll realize there are
certainly worst challenges some childred have to overcome.