Re: [IP] GUILT - Laura & Shane

In a message dated 12/10/99 2:50:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Elizabeth Hughes. She died of a heart attack at 87. I am trying to check
 actual age at dx. The years don't add up to her being a child. I have the
 video Glory Enough for All about the discovery of insulin and Drs. Banting &
 Best. They show Elizabeth as a young girl, but if she died at 87 then if she
 were 10 in 1921 she would have died last year and the movie is much older
 than that. Any sleuths out there who can direct me to a site? >>
Hi Jan I have a clipping from a newspaper some place. It is about a man in my
state Mass who passed away 1 or 2 years ago. He was starved the first 1 1/2
years after dx in 1919 or 1920. He lived in Bridgewater Mass. I believe he
was in his late 80's. He did not die from diabetes. I still remember DR
Joslin in his first clinic which was also his home. If I fine the clipping I
will send a copy to you if you e mail your adress.Roger C dx47