[IP] beverage bolus - RUTH

Ruth wrote:
>  I am wondering how people treat a snack of a beverage like
> hot cocoa, or tea  with honey, or coffee and cream re: the 2
> hour post reading.  do you correct ?
>  when geneva has a drink prior to bedtime....and I test her two
> hours later...should I correct to the 150 bedtime or let it go?

a beverage with carbs is the same as a snack with carbs.  If you would
correct at 2 hours pp for a high (WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND...), then yes you
should correct.  Regular cocoa has some fat in it... and may last longer than
2 hours.  Tea with honey and lemon is pure sugar and should be gone in 2

So bolus for the carbs...test in 2 hours and correct ONLY if you really think
she is still high...Even if you are using H, there is still a bit of a tail
in there!