[IP] (no subject)

<<What you need to realize is that people do live long healthy lives and die
of other reasons then diabetes complications.  With all the ace inhibitor
drugs, laser surgery, etc. available now, the other complications can be
caught earlier and treated more successfully.  What most of us are talking
about, are what we were being told 20-30-50 years ago.  Where people assumed
the complications were a given.>>

My mother had DM (Type 2) diagnosed at age 35 and had 40 years additional
life doing the best she could with the information she had that was available
at the time. When I taught her about the pump and how it worked, she said,
"How wonderful to have something to make life with DM easier. I wish I could
use one."
My point is: It takes a long time to convince people about new tools, and it
often takes much longer to dispel the myths of past (or truth, before new
drugs, new technology, and better management techniques became available).  A
lot of people have lived long lives without the benefit of new info. Isn't
that a blessing?!.

Barbara B.