RE: [IP] Will my child die from diabetes?

Laura,
Everyone is different.  There are people who have had diabetes for over 50
years and have no complications, and there are those who have had it only
ten and do.  I know this doesn't help much but the point is no one can tell
you if your daughter will or won't.   But being under relatively good
control is the best way.  The DCCT study showed that those used MDI or pumps
had the best results against complications.

I was diagnosed at age 4 and am 23 now.  No complications as of today and I
wasn't the best about it in my teenage years.

What you need to realize is that people do live long healthy lives and die
of other reasons then diabetes complications.  With all the ace inhibitor
drugs, laser surgery, etc. available now, the other complications can be
caught earlier and treated more successfully.  What most of us are talking
about, are what we were being told 20-30-50 years ago.  Where people assumed
the complications were a given.

Try to relax and realize that although this disease isn't the greatest to
have, it does seem to make children who are diagnosed with it the most
adjusted, mature kids out there. :)  When you are forced to learn about
cause and effect of what happens to your blood sugars, you tend to learn
cause and effect of other things in your life much faster.  ;)

Have a box of tissues on me,
Sherry