[IP] Will my child die from diabetes?

I know no one can answer this, but what are the stats for a person who gets
D young in life and has good control.  I'm having a very hard time with some
of the current e-mails about death and diabetes.  I never want to outlive my
daughter!  I never want her to suffer, but if she does I want to be there
for her.  So many mixed emotions...  I want her to live a long life filled
with happiness.  My god, the thought of her losing a limb or her eyesight...
in this day and age does that happen if you have good maintenance?  if you
are on the pump and have excellent maintenance? I can't stop crying. I'm
sure you all share the same fears.   Sorry.

Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano
Mother of Laura, age 6, dxed 12/21/98