[IP] Another Guilt - of being alive

From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Guilt to Leigh

<snip> I am at times angry, tolerant, frustrated, impressed, feel that
someone is
on my side and other times feel guilty about what I have done to "live" my

When the identical twins received the Joslin 50-year bronze medals in 1985
for living with diabetes, a write-up was done in the newspaper. One of them
received a call from an irate bereaved girlfriend who had lost her boyfriend
to diabetes. "How dare you celebrate 50 years when he didn't make it!" she
moaned. Well, I am planning my 50th Anniversary Bash for 11/4/00 and have
mentally prepared myself for a similar attacker. When people marry, they
expect it to last for a long, long time. Some marriages end early in divorce
or death. Those that make it to 50 years have a celebration. If I'm warm and
breathing next November, I'm celebrating life. We cannot help others'
circumstances - nor sometimes our own.
Jan (60 y/o, DM-1 11/5/50, pumping 16 years)