[IP] Laura's 1st Anniversary....

Laura's first anniversary with diabetes is coming up on 12/21.  I want to
cry.  Anthony and I have put our heads together and decided on doing the
following that day:

1.That night, Santa is going to make a special trip to see Laura and leave
her some early Christmas gifts along with a personal letter to her
commending her for all her bravery and the adjustments she has made this
year. Anthony dresses up every Christmas Eve and Laura and I wake up at
3:00AM (she is so groggy) to see Santa (Anthony) put the gifts under the
tree.  We figured this year we would do it on the 21st and the 24th.

2.We plan on going to the childrens' ward of hospital Laura was in when she
was dxed and bring presents (toys and books) for the playroom there and
maybe get a chance to see other children who are newly dxed.

I can't believe a year has gone by already.  I sit here and cry.  laura is
scheduled to go live on the pump on 1/12/00.  She will be hospitalized for
three days.  She is so looking forward to the pump.

Just wanted to talk to someone.  No one here understands what I am going
through, although they are very supportive.  Thanks guys.

Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano
Mother of Laura, age 6, dxed 12/21/98