Re: [IP] Re: pharmacys

Even pharmacists can have problems with their pharmacies (when their
insurance limits them to mail order places and they are not allowed to fill
rx at their place of employment)  My husband and I are both pharmacists and
have to deal with a mail order pharmacy that jerks us around every order.
Although I can tell you that the federal law does limit you to 7 vials of
Humalog at one time because of the fact that it is so fast acting and the
potential for suicide attempts, but there is no limit to the number of vials
in a year.  My pharmacy tried to tell me that the manufacturers recommended
number of test strips to be used in a day is 1- they tried to tell me that 1
box of 100 strips and 1 box of lancets would have to last me 90 days.... and
that is after they were supposed to refill the order from my PCP (which was
for 400 strips/lancets), and this order came back with my endo's name on it.
They tried to say that they had called the endo and that the rx was given to
them over the phone!  I find that hard to believe when the endo specifically
had me testing 7-9 times a day!!  One time the pharmacy filled an order for
Novolin prefilled syringes with penfill cartridges (I didn't even have a pen)
and then wouldn't correct the mistake! The insurance company had to buy me a
pen just so I could use the insulin!  Every time it takes my husband getting
on the phone and threats to report them to the State Pharmacy Board- you all
might want to try that in the future!

Well, I didn't mean to go off like that, but I thought you all would be
interested in knowing that even pharmacists who have to deal with another
pharmacy can have major problems too, maybe it will help to know that you're
not alone!

  aka Mouse