Re: [IP] RE: orthoscopic surgery with diabetes

Hi Joyce,

Some hospitals just don't put diabetes at a very high
priority level.

I think I would be making some complaints to the
Administration, Medical Boards, etc.  Your husband's endo
might be interested in helping you.

            HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

--- "Riske, Joyce M." <email @ redacted> wrote:
> My husband has Type II diabetes, and yesterday he had
> same-day orthoscopic
> surgery on his right knee. Because he was diabetic, the
> nurse took his blood
> sugar twice. She used a meter I'd never seen before. The
> drop of blood was
> huge, the strip sat for a long time, the nurse dabbed the
> blood off, and
> then we waited as she finally inserted the strip into the
> machine. I said,
> "Wow. You need a newer glucometer." She told me it was
> accurate, and they
> were satisfied with it. Wahoo! Thankfully, he wasn't
> having a reaction. It
> boggled my mind that the clinic wasn't keeping up with
> state-of-the-art care
> for its diabetic patients.
> Joyce in ND

*   Susan K.  (^i^)