[IP] RE: adding more blood to test strip

>>I keep forgetting to ask everyone if they ever add more blood to the test
strip/meter while it is counting down?
geneva says she learned at diabetes camp to do this if there isn't enough
blood on her "one touch" ....

I know that the spec, sheets say no...but I was wondering if anyone ever

It's not cheating. Have another look at your instruction booklet. Lifescan's
One-Touch Profile meter and AccuCheck Complete both come with instructions
on how to add more blood, which is, add it before the first 15 seconds of
the countdown have elapsed. I do it whenever I have to which means whenever
the strip hasn't been covered completely.
    I don't know which One-Touch your daughter uses. If she has the Profile
she can certainly add more. If she has the Basic and you don't have specific
instructions on this, call  Lifescan to see if it is acceptable procedure.
It just might be.
   Life Scan's toll free number is (800) 227-8862.

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World