[IP] figuring out basal rates, meals & exercise

In a message dated 12/9/99 8:50:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< >and I am high again for a few days then it's ok??!! Yesterday i ate
  >until 8pm ran high all day today I ate nothing until 8pm again and I was in
  >the low 100's all day?? Same activity level?? Even my boluses are not
  >working. I cant even tell my endo. well at this time of day everyday my
  >is............ >>

Maybe you should try not skipping meals all day.  Your body may  go into
starvation mode and the stress of that could increase your bg's.  If you are
trying to find out what your basal should be in the morning, then just skip
breakfast...and eat something for lunch. Then the next day eat breakfast but
skip lunch , etc. and try to get a better handle on basal rates that way.
Just a suggestion....

My blood glucose numbers really increase during any type of stress.  When I
exercise, which is 30 minutes 5 -7 times week on our stair stepper machine,
my numbers go up.  Thus I've learned to use the temporary basal mode for
1-1/2 hr. from 0.4 to 0.6 when I exercise.  (I also need to increase my basal
rates 4-6 days prior to my period.)