[IP] Old BG Machines - Was orthoscopic surgery

Joyce wrote:
> > My husband has Type II diabetes, and yesterday he had
same-day orthoscopic surgery on his right knee. Because
he was diabetic, the nurse took his blood sugar twice.
She used a meter I'd never seen before. The drop of blood
was huge, the strip sat for a long time, the nurse dabbed
the blood off, and then we waited as she finally inserted
the strip into the machine.

I remember the first one my doctor's office had (pre
1980).  It sounded very similar to the one Joyce
described except that after so many seconds of putting
the blood on the strip, you would squirt it off with
water.  Then you would insert it into the machine (no
digital display at all).  Then the gauge would fluctuate
back and forth and settle on some small line that was an
indication of around where you blood sugar was.

Kathy Greifzu