Re: RE: [IP] Testing...How Often is Too Often??

In a message dated 12/9/99 8:48:32 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< When you will optimize your basals number of BG tests will be reduced. My

average is 6 per 24 hours. I do not see any reason to do 10-14 or 20.  >>

Some reasons for needing more:1) unpredictable gastroparesis (you need to
know if the meal is digesting, then if it isn't, you need to keep checking
for when it finally starts).  2) Hypoglycemia unawareness -- frequent tests
before and during driving and exercise can really add up.  I occasionally
have days with 6 tests, but average about 10, with some days way over. YMMV

Linda Z