[IP] RE: orthoscopic surgery with diabetes

My husband has Type II diabetes, and yesterday he had same-day orthoscopic
surgery on his right knee. Because he was diabetic, the nurse took his blood
sugar twice. She used a meter I'd never seen before. The drop of blood was
huge, the strip sat for a long time, the nurse dabbed the blood off, and
then we waited as she finally inserted the strip into the machine. I said,
"Wow. You need a newer glucometer." She told me it was accurate, and they
were satisfied with it. Wahoo! Thankfully, he wasn't having a reaction. It
boggled my mind that the clinic wasn't keeping up with state-of-the-art care
for its diabetic patients.

Joyce in ND