Re: [IP] Testing...How Often is Too Often??

sorry to hear that you need to test so frequently but you do prove the point
that people are different. My daughter, age 14, went to testing 4-5 times a
days as soon as we "thought" she was all set re: basals, meal bolus, etc. Had
fine BG checks each time but her HgbA1-C went from 6.4 on shots, to 10!
Needless to say she now tests before each meal, bedtime, two hours after each
meal and more if she's sick and high. We don't go low too often on the pump
here thanks to adolescent hormones! That's at least 7 times a day. So far no
problem with insurance. See if your doctor will back you up with them.
Good luck!