RE: [IP] First Square Wave Bolus

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, David L. Dougherty wrote:

> hours. I went low at hour 5 so next time I will reduce the total bolus or
> deliver more of it in the first two hours and less in the last 2 hours. I'm
> new at this so I'm still experimenting. Hope this helps.
4 hours is probably too long. The average activity curve on Humalog burns
60 - 70% in the first two hours and most of the rest in the next hour and
a half. Extending delivery to 4 hours means you have a 5- 5.5 hour
activity. I would bet your meal is long gone by 4 hours. You might want
to shoot for an activity period that ends when you think the food is
entirely digested, bearing in mind the activity of the insulin.