Re: [IP] infection?

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999 email @ redacted wrote:

> Cherri,
> It seems odd that could develop after one day. You may have a local reaction
> without infection though and that is why your BG are OK. Did you say the site
> was red? If so I would speak or show it to your CDE or doc.

The other possibility is that you may be a staph carrier ... not that
bad, many people are. The bugs live in your nasal passages and don't
bother you. HOWEVER, when you get the critters into an infusion site they
raise h--l. If this is the case, it most likely is from skin
contamination. It is supprisingly hard to NOT touch your face. Try being
very careful about handling your prep material, infusion set, etc.. wash
good and don't touch your skin on face and neck. Use an antiseptic wipe
such as Providine (iodine wipe), let it dry and wipe off excess with an
alcohol pad. Prep as usual being careful to avoid touching the tape
except with super clean hands. If staph is the problem, this will
probably fix it. You can get checked to see if this is the case.