Re: [IP] for women only- bg's during cycle

In a message dated 12/07/1999 11:49:51 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I haven't changed eating, insulin doses, or activity at
 all.  I've been trying to figure out why I'm going low so often and thinking
 maybe it could be hormones?  Does anyone else experience this or am I way
 off base? >>

Yes, hormones during my period drive me insane, this week in particular.  My
experience has been needing 1/3 to twice as much insulin the "day before"
starting, and how do you know WHICH day that is????    Then when it starts it
drops dramatically and I need only about 70% of my normal rates.  I've had
multiple lows the last few days because of this.  Usually don't have that
problem the rest of the month.  I've also started on birth control pills to
help control my cycles and excessive bleeding (getting old) for about 3
months and they have helped to make it more predictable about the start date.