Re: [IP] Re: Pump/4 injections

In a message dated 12/8/99 9:04:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< He said they are not willing to get the
 training because of lack of fund and lack of interest in the pump >>

At least he was honest - and straight forward - and willing to help in his
I am really curious as to why the thinking is 13 is a magic age.
1. puberty - adult/child
2. emotions are everywhere
3. peer pressures -
4. Parents are trying to control them -
5. Learning to fit in their bodies that are at a constant change.
6. Now lets allow the pump - as if - this age isn't hard enough to endure.
Children at this age 13- seem to need more support than any other age.
Someone is not in touch with children that makes a statement like wait until
13 before going on pump.
I believe Kap would be under better control with multiple injections. And
that is just what the pump will give him - except he will not look at me and
say - "Do I have to take a injection before I eat - if so I rather not eat"
Check out the insulin pumpers doctor's who have children on pump therapy.  I
went to add Kap's endo - did but I was too late - someone had already placed
our ped/endo on the list.  It felt good seeing her name.  I feel like Kap is
in good hands.  Up-to-date knowledgeable ped/endo.

Thanks for Listening!
Mom to Kap - age 9
Pumping by Christmas - I hope