[IP] infection?

I have noticed lately that everytime I take an infusion set out I get a small
bit of yellowish stuff that comes out after I remove the set.  I don't think
it is an infection b/c when I get an infection my sugars go sky high and I
have a hard time getting them back down.  I have been running in the mid 90's
to mid 100's.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this
and what I can do to try to prevent it?  I have noticesd it weather I keep a
set in for 1 day or 3.  Thanks