[IP] Re: going low

> From: "Jill M Meyer" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] how low can you go?
> Being a diabetic longer makes the lows even lower.  Most of mine are usually
> below the 35 range.

I disagree.  My lows were much lower 6 years ago than they are now.  The difference is that, with the help of the pump, I have less insulin "on board" and am less likely to plummet into very low range.  Also, because I am low infrequently, I can feel the symptoms in the 50s and 60s and treat before I am 32.

What can "make the lows lower" is the fact that, if lows are frequent, the body acclimates to that condition and doesn't feel the symptoms until one is very low.  Raising overall blood sugar a bit and doing everything possible to avoid lows will usually result in being able to feel the symptoms of hypoglycemia
before you are dangerously low.

As far as I know, duration of diabetes does NOT lead to more frequent or severe lows.