[IP] inconsistency!!!!!??????

On the pump 1 month and 4 days to be exact my basals are still not set. I
know patience!!!!!! But here is what I am finding weird: When my endo changes
my basals it works for about 5 days with great #'s then it just stops working
and I am high again for a few days then it's ok??!! Yesterday i ate nothing
until 8pm ran high all day today I ate nothing until 8pm again and I was in
the low 100's all day?? Same activity level?? Even my boluses are not
working. I cant even tell my endo. well at this time of day everyday my sugar
is............ because everyday it changes. There arent any patterns. One day
i can fast but yet run high all day the next day I will fast and I run low
all day!?Does this mean my rates are extremely off? As of today I am on the
following:6am-2pm=.7    2pm-6am=.4. Anyone care to shed some light?? Also if
there is an air bubble at the beginning of the tubing (pump side-not near the
infusion site) does this slow the amount of insulin you get?? Again I thank
you guys in advance for support and advice!!         fondly Leesa