Re: [IP] children's novels with or about kids with diabetes

>    I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for children's story
>about or with children with diabetes?   I have ordered a few from the book
>store,  but just haven't found many that I liked!   I have the book Sugar
>My Best Friend but want to get a few more

There was a thread on this a few months ago...check in the archives from
September or October, I think.  Two of the books I remember adding to the
conversation are:
The Gift of the Pirate Queen by Patricia Reilly Giff  &
Sugar Isn't Everything by Willo Davis (?)

The first of these is strong in giving a sibling's viewpoint (that's the
main character) & the feelings that come with that.  The second is a little
dated, but it takes the main character through diaognosis, introduction to
insulin, etc.

I have a list around here somewhere of children's books on it that I
received in the mail from Lifescan when they sent me my FastTake Beanie
Meter.  (No, I didn't order this...I think somewhere along the line they
have gotten the impression that I am five as opposed to thirty-five!)  I'll
see if I can find it, because there were what looked to be some excellent
choices there.  I also got (I think from JDF) a video & workbook for
children called "It's Time to Learn about Diabetes."  I was lookind for
materials to have on hand to recommend to parents in our school system who
have children diagnosed, as all the "diabetic questions" tend to come to my
direction!  :)

I'll try to find the list & post it...or if anyone else out there has it &
wants to beat me to it- go for it!  (Our house is in pre-holiday chaos,
which means my finding of ANYTHING is not an immediate likelihood!)

If I come up with more info, I'll pass it along!