[IP] pump girl in Sidney

Hi there Cathy,

I, too have had allergic responses as you describe.  Although I seem to be reacting to
many things-- I believe I have an allergy to the adhesive on the tape and the sofset,
to the plastic on the wings of the sofset, as well as to the Humalog.  This is what I
First I wipe Smith & Nephew Skin Prep (forms a barrier on the skin first and is
sticky), then apply IV3000-- a rectangular dressing without the hole cut in the
middle, contains hypoallergenic adhesive.  Before I insert the sofset, I also remove
the tape on the sofset by pulling the tan colored tab, then inject it through the
IV3000.  I put another layer of IV3000 over the sofset, with the hole in it.  I don't
leave the set in longer than three days as I tend to react anyway, and sometimes
sooner.  Also, I use a ratio of 3 parts H with 1 part R in the cartridge (90 units H &
30 units R).

Good Luck.  I think these allergic problems are not so uncommon.

Janet Riganti