Re: [IP] Sensitivity

In a message dated 12/6/99 11:07:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< email @ redacted >>
I know I'm a little late getting to my e-mails, but my daughter used to get a
rash on her butt for about a year before she was diagnosed. The doctor never
checked her BG but after she was dx.'d said her BG would not have been high
enough to cause this. However....DM is an alteration in T-cell immunity and
this can cause many skin manifestations because of the way the T-cells work.
She now gets eczema/psoriasis type rashes on her knee and eyelids. All are
manifestations of altered immune responses and probably this happens years
before the pancreas is affected.
This seems to make sense to me anyway.
mom to 14 y/o