Re: [IP] My opinion on the Glucowatch

>>The problem with this device (the glucowatch) is that it measures every 20
minutes. The president of the company had said that that was OK because
diabetics' blood sugar does not change that quickly. BULL FEATHERS! If you
are having a reaction, you treat it, wait 10 to 15 minutes (NOT 20) and
retest. If no result, retreat. I know other diabetics who can drop 100
points in a matter of minutes. Last week, I was 102 before I got in the car.
When I got to the end of the street, I felt funny so I tested again. 62.
That was a couple of minutes. <<

IMHO, the GlucoWatch will be good for daytime and nightime monitoring of
glucose.  I would still keep my regular meter and could use it whenever I
thought I needed to test, if it's not a time when the watch shows a reading.
I surely wouldn't want readings all day long every 5 or 10 minutes, for the
most part I would get lost in the maze of readings!  And most of them would
be a waste of time.    How do you test now, Edward?  Do you stick yourself
and test every 5 or 10 minutes all day long?  I would still think you'd keep
your meter and use it for special circumstances such as when you felt low or
wanted to just check to be on the safe side.

Type 1 for 37 years, still hoping to be pumping soon...