Re: [IP] Bubbles in Tubing

Sam wrote:

<snip>

>When is a bubble not a bubble?? When it is just part of the tubing. I
>believe that the tubing is made in two layers. If there is a minor
>separation/imperfection, it looks like a bubble, except that it stays put
>and never moves. If you can, hold that area of the tubing up to your eye
>and look through it towards a light, you'll see that the center part of
>the tubing is probably clear.

<snip>

The tubing is actually a "tube within a tube" - it's called "double lumen
tubing". Those light colored spots are places where the two layers have
become separated. Try taking a used piece of tubing and pulling on each end
until it stretches and separates. The two layers are then very visible.
It's amazing how strong this stuff is - you'll probably want to wear gloves
if you try this.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted