[IP] Sensitivity

 I was diagnosed at age 4 in 1980 after going to the doctor with a head to
toe rash.  The doctor had never seen anything like it before and decided to
do a bunch of blood work to figure it out.  The test came back with my bg at
868 and he figured it out pretty darn quick. :)  For 6 years after that I
had incredibly sensitive skin.  I could not wear nylons, tights, etc.  My
skin would crawl within 5 minutes.  We have pictures from every holiday that
start with me in tights and by the end i am wearing socks.  :)  I also had
to switch soaps and back then there really was only Ivory for sensitive
skin.  I had to use baby shampoo.  Ah, big mess.  It got better over the
years and now I am fine if I use unscented, undyed soaps and detergents.  I
can now wear tights without causing a scene.  However I always attributed
the sensitivity to the full body rash I had before I was diagnosed.  Hmmm...

Also, talking about youth. I am sure I am embarrassing myself here.  But
when I was 6, 2 years after being diagnosed,  I started wetting the bed at
night.  Not every night, but pretty often.  My parents were concerend
because they thought I was kind of old for it and talked to the doctor.  He
told them this spiel about diabetic children digressing not being able to
handle the responsibility..etc.  <bunch o'crap>  My parents thought
differently and did some random tests during the night.  on those nights my
blood sugars were a little on the low side.  But I never seemed to do it on
those nights.  I am wondering now if I was having hypos in the middle of the
night and that was a "symptom" of it?  Hmmm...

-- Sherry
has proudly not bed wetted since 1982. :)