[IP] giving kids shots

This reminded me of my Dad, except it was just the  opposite. I was dxd at 14
and he used to beg me to let him give me my shot. I wouldn't hear of it! He
would go on and on about how it was "like hitting a bull's eye". I had always
hated shots and would literally feel faint just smelling the alcohol prior to
dxd. But just the same I refused to let him give me my shots! My oldest son
was dxd at 15 and he has always given his own injections, but on occassion, I
would give him one. I never did seem to be able to be at ease with this. I
think I hurt him every time I tried! It makes me feel weak in the knees to see
someone else get an injection! Denise