Re: [IP] Changing pump cartridges

Kerri wrote:

> Dh says we should change them
> every 3 days, basically every time we change/move the site, and
> only use half-filled cartridges.

A cartridge lasts me 6-8 days and I change when the cartridge is close
to empty.

> I could swear I've read that people (some on the
> diabetes lists) draw up cartridges for a month at a time.

I fill 3 cartridges at a time since that uses a full bottle of humalog.
I put the little "cap" on the cartridge (the one the instructions say to
put on after you take the needle off until the cartridge is in the pump)
and put 2 in the fridge until I need them.