[IP] Insertion site "bump"

Is it normal, after taking out the sof-set, that there is a "bump" with a scab on it?  I have been on the pump 1 week and 4 days (!!!) and have changed the site 4 times-the 3 that are in sight view (the 4th is the current site) have the bumps, although the 1st two are diminishing.  Am I doing somthing wrong??? and one other question, I don't get a rash or anything from the tape, but it itches while in contact...is this just something I will get used to or is there a trick?
Thanks for the info in advance!