[IP] Changing pump cartridges

We haven't yet gone "live" with insulin (do that Monday AM) but I
have a pump problem/question that I hope y'all can help me with.
Dh and I disagree over how often we are supposed to change the
cartridges. Shannon (9) will be using about 41 units of insulin a
day to start with which, by my calculations, means a full
cartridge should last about a week. Dh says we should change them
every 3 days, basically every time we change/move the site, and
only use half-filled cartridges. He says he swears that someone
mentioned this at our pump training this past Tues - that the
reason is because the insulin goes bad after 3 days??? I don't
recall being told this at all but I do remember the dr and pump
trainer joking that at the rate Shannon used insulin she'd
probably go through a cartridge in a few days (they later said
something about a cartridge lasting about a week.) The pump
trainer also said that if we ever wanted to use half cartridges,
to read the technical manual to find out how to do it (she didn't
go over it because she said we'd likely never need to do it.) I'm
wondering if dh overheard (half heard?) these things and that's
what he is referring to? I thought insulin in an opened vial was
good for about 30 days. Why would it be any different in a
cartridge? I could swear I've read that people (some on the
diabetes lists) draw up cartridges for a month at a time. Or am I
just completely off base and/or losing my mind??? :)
Just so you know, I will be asking our peds endo about this
Monday AM when I talk to him, but in the mean time, I would like
to know what everyone else is doing. Thanks!

Take care, Kerri
Alulitsuti (Ah-loo-lee-joo-tea, mother of many children)
"Strive to be a person who is never absent from an important
act." - Osage proverb