Re: [IP] Pumping at preschool?

	My daughter, Caitlyn 4.75 years of age, is in a kindergarten program at
a local preschool.  While they will do the bg testing, they will not
give her insulin.  If she is able to get a pump (still hoping and
fighting bitterly with her diabetes team), daycare has said they would
be able to do the extra testing needed, as well as the bolusing(pushing
buttons is ok), but they absolutely WILL NOT do an insertion if it were
to fall out(this is definintely okay by me!).  ADA says something about
daycares, preschools, schools, etc; are required to do whatever a doctor
deems medically necessary.  If the doctor prescribes an insulin pump,
and it requires some buttons to be pushed, they should do it.
My daycare, KinderCare, went through a big time diabetes care law suit a
few years back, and are very wary of another lawsuit.  They told me that
as long as they did not have to pierce the skin, they would do whatever
was needed.  Maybe I am just lucky, or they don't truly get the pump
thing yet?

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 months