RE: [IP] Smarties: Carb value & Origin

Canadian Smarties come in a box, not a roll. They are sweet, kinda taste like Mini Eggs that you can get at easter time. Although, I don't know if you can get Mini Eggs in the U.S. :)
-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Charles A. Soderstrom
Sent: Friday, December 03, 1999 2:40 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Smarties: Carb value & Origin

Several years ago I called the CE DE Candy Inc. of Union,NJ and they said all  Smarties were made in Canada.  They are 5 or 6 grams of dextrose {Carb} per roll.  I have used them for Hypos for many many many years. One roll usually works.  The price is right, particularly if you can buy them bulk per lb.. They seem less tart now. The ones sold in Canada might have a different flavor.
Charles      starting my 47th IDDM year.   pumping for 3  .