[IP] Donating blood

I was diagnosised when I was 16.  In my high school it was a "cool thing"
to donate blood for the most part.  So I made sure this was one of the
questions I asked my endo.  He said it was fine as long as I was in fairly
good control.  I've been donating since I was 17, and never had a problem.
Last time, I didn't even mention my pump.  I always donate for ARC which I
think is national with its protocols (I'm in Ohio).  One time, they were
training one of the people, and used me as an example and made the person
make sure it was alright for me to donate.  They should have a binder with
a list of "conditions" in it, diabetes is one of them, and it says that it
is perfectly alright to donate.  My suggestion is to drink lots of water
the day before and eat something with iron for a few days before and after
(if you remember).