RE: [IP] I'm wearing a continuous glucose sensor!

Natalie,
What you said kind of explains what makes me nervous about the sensor and
pump being integrated.  I know the concept is grand and would be wonderful.
However, what if I was exercising.  My body tends to burn through glucose
quickly and then dumps after the first half hour.  Then I run high for the
next 2 hours and then drop again.  I think it has to do with adrenaline?
Hmmm... Anyways so lets say I go into exercise at a number like 150.   I
could be 75 after a 1/2 hour, 250 after and hour and then 100 after two
hours.  If the pump was self correcting wouldn't it correct for the 250
since I was on the way up?  We must remember that these devices run off of
software.  As a software engineer I can tell you that no device is perfect.
But then I come back to the fact that there are implanted insulin pumps out
there.  How do they run? Don't they self correct or am I missing something?

-- Sherry

Natalie wrote:
What I would want to see is the trend -- could be my BG is 80 at the
moment -- is it going up, stable or going down?

Of if my BG is 250, same question.

I can do that with fingersticks, it's just a literal pain. So what
difference would it make????

But then, I don't think like a bureaucrat!!!!!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted

                              (