Re: [IP] Donating blood

In a message dated 12/2/99 10:52:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I tried donating blood last year and I was rejected because my Diabetes
 uncontrolled.  I asked if the high glucose level was the reason my blood was
 being rejected.   The tech said "No....the glucose is not a problem, they
 just don't want to put MY body under any more stress, because it's under
 enough stress when the glucose is too high."  He also added that when the
 Diabetes is under control, they would re-consider me for donation.   I
 haven't tried since getting the pump and getting more control.  Has anyone
 else tried since getting the pump?
I donated blood every 58 days (that is the criteria) for two years for my
father who was dying of colon cancer.  Never had any problems-------and he
received the blood and did well for a long time.         Dianne