[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #722

In a message dated 12/2/99 4:43:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 >Any ideas on how to remember boluses?  You'd think it'd be the
 >easiest part!>>
I have a nine year old girl who has been on the MM pump for the past three
months. Remembering her boluses has been a hurdle, especially at school. Our
solution was purchasing a Casio watch that has 5 alarms that can be set to go
off at any time throughout the day. Each alarm time even has a message line
that can spell out "bolus" or whatever the alarm is set for. I have them set
for times to check her bs # and for bolus reminders after snack time and
lunch. It's not particularly stylish BUT it is a big help and one more step
toward her independence. She likes it! (We found it at KMart---I have also
read Timex puts out a similar model, however I have never found it.)