Re: [IP] I'm wearing a continuous glucose sensor!

<<  Is this new glucose Meter on the market now? and can My Doctor
write a perscription for it. >>

This isn't a device that a patient uses to replace a bg meter at this time.
 This is a machine that doctors can purchase to use in evaluating their
patients.  I can't see the data as it is gathered.  In three days, I go
back to the doctor, he will disconnect me from the sensor, and download the
data into his computer.

MM is working on a different model for patient use, but I don't know when
that is expected to be released.  As I understand it, the patient model
will give a readout of the current bg, and will alarm if the bg falls below
a certain level, to be set by the patient and the doctor.  The FDA is
slower to approve this because of concerns of "over-correction" on the part
of the patient.  However, I would welcome a way to just glance down and see
what my bg is without having to poke my finger!

Incidentally, the sensor I'm wearing has an alarm if my bg goes over 400,
but it doesn't alarm if my bg is low.  I'm not sure of MM's logic here.
The rep told me yesterday that it is because people can usually feel a low,
whereas a high often goes undetected.  Hmmmm..... I wish it would alarm in
either case.  I don't always feel hypo symptoms until I'm MUCH lower than I
want to be ( mid 50's), yet at other times, I can feel a "low" at any point
below 80.

Mary Jean