Re: [IP] Donating blood

<< My endo told me there really wasn't any reason that I diabetic could not
 donate blood, but they're just a little hesitant about it. >>

I tried donating blood last year and I was rejected because my Diabetes was
uncontrolled.  I asked if the high glucose level was the reason my blood was
being rejected.   The tech said "No....the glucose is not a problem, they
just don't want to put MY body under any more stress, because it's under
enough stress when the glucose is too high."  He also added that when the
Diabetes is under control, they would re-consider me for donation.   I
haven't tried since getting the pump and getting more control.  Has anyone
else tried since getting the pump?