[IP] re:high after site change

I have been pumping about 6 weeks, and sometimes have a high after a
site change also.  Most of the time it appears that I forgot to do the
.5 bolus right after inserting and taping down.  I understand that the
.5 bolus is NOT to make up for lost basels but to make up for the space
that the needle left.  If that is true then without the .5 bolus we are
constantly playing catchup and our bg go high.  I also have some problem
in remembering to bolus at mealtimes.  Lot of the times I'm under my
goal of 120 and want to get some food started before the insulin. But,
of course I've just turned 70. But I love my pump what freedom!!