[IP] Donating blood

My endo told me there really wasn't any reason that I diabetic could not
donate blood, but they're just a little hesitant about it.  He said that
when they use blood it's not whole blood and by the time they get to
cleaning all the stuff out they don't want, the diabetes shouldn't have any
effect.  I've always been turned away when I've tried to donate though,
although I did donate for myself before I had surgery.

Type 1 for 37 years, still hoping to be pumping soon...