[IP] mmols & mgl/dl

>Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:44:25 MST
>From: "Lori Kissick" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Confused
>I was just wondering as i read all about peoples blood sugar levels i see
>things such as 200   500 etc. I have no clue as to what is a normal level
>for this type of reading as we do it in mmols. So for example normal range
>for my son would be 4-8. Could someone let me know what normal range is.

The 18 equation is correct, but to do it quickly round it off to 20 and
multiply or divide. It will be off slightly but it's a quicker conversion.
In the USA 4-7 is a desired range for A1c's. I think that is the same
formula you use. So when I hear your results I convert my mind to what it
would be for an A1c.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 49 yrs, pumping 16 yrs.)