[IP] High BGs after site change

>Hi, I have been on the MM for a little over 2 months now and I have a =
>problem with high BS every time I change my infusion site.  I have tried =
>keeping my old site in for 3 hours after putting in my new site and that =
>does not work.  Am I doing something wrong?  I am using Humalog, and I =
>have tried both the sof set and the silouette.  Any suggestions?
>Daniela   email @ redacted=20
I have been pumping 16 years and still have high BGs after site changes. Sometimes I think it may be that the new site has to get used to the insulin going in there. I always bolus what I think I have missed while being unhooked and maybe add a couple tenths depending what my BG is at the moment.
60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50