RE: [IP] Re: I couldn't give my child a shot

If possible, I would try to teach him how.  My husband was a little
squeamish also.  When I asked him why he said he was worried he would hurt
me and I would be furious with him later.  <I rarely get mad so I laughed at
this> I told him that it most likely wouldn't hurt, but even if it did I
wouldn't be in any state to notice. I also told him it was better then
waiting for the EMTs because more damage could be done.  Depending on where
you live and how fast the ambulances come to your door.  Waiting for the
EMTs may not be a viable option.  At school it took the paramedics 30
minutes to get to my dorm room.  Another 15 minutes to get in an IV (because
my veins love to hide) and then they would inject the glucose 50/50 stuff
and wait for that to take effect.  So all in all it could take 45 minutes to
1 hour for me to get "help".  I'd rather have my husband stab me in the back
with a glucagon syringe and then call the EMTs then just call the EMTs.  But
then again, that is just my situation.

-- Sherry

PS - My last endo told me I should have my husband give me one shot a day
until he got over his fear.  That way he would have no problem sticking it
in me.  The first time I tried this my husband freaked out and pulled the
syringe out before injecting because he swears he felt the skin "pop".  That
ended him wanting to do it then.  But he promises that if I ever have a
reaction that would require glucagon that he would inject.  Luckily I
haven't had any. :)