[IP] Donating blood

I've been lurking here since starting on a D pump August 12 and getting
very good info and great tips on keeping sugars in line...however, I
wanted to pass along to all that you may donate blood!  I always thought
that if you had a chronic disease like diabetes you would be turned
away.  I was at a harvest festival this past fall and was approached by
the Red Cross Bloodmobile for a donation.  I said, "But I have
diabetes."  The nurse asked if I felt okay and if I was in reasonable
control...then gave me the clipboard to fill out.  Everything was fine
and I donated.  It made me feel good, because they told me that the
county blood supplies were so low.  After I had my "rest period" of
fifteen minutes and a bottle of water (also one very small cookie) I
checked my blood, and I was at 329!!!  I wonder if they'll still use
that pint of blood...I guess excess glucose in the blood doesn't stop
them from using it...at least I don't think so!